Depending on the need of the baby, there are various formulas available. However when it comes to feeding your baby, it is best to stick to a single type of formula than choosing different ones every time you hit the store. It may seem like your baby is not digesting the formula in the beginning, but give it some time and you will find that your baby adapts just fine.
Here are some of the different types of formula that you can use for your babies and are considered as best baby formula for babies:
- Extensively and Partially hydrolyzed Formulas: This type of formulas consists of extensively hydrolyzed or partially hydrolyzed protein that is best for your baby to digest in comparison with the larger protein. In case your baby has trouble absorbing nutrients or milk protein allergy, then your baby will require hydrolyzed formula. If your baby has eczema, then your doctor might suggest the use of hydrolyzed formula.
- Cow’s milk based formula: In general, all formula that is available is said to contain cow’s milk as its main source of ingredient. Most formula-supplemented or formula fed babies prefer this type of formula mainly because it has the perfect ratio of fat, carbohydrate and protein. To make the digestion process easier, the formula is altered correspondingly. Remember that your babies will not be able to properly digest cow’s milk unless he is one year old.
- Soy-Based formula: Similar to cow’s milk, this formula is made from a plant protein which is also modified for the purpose of digestion. Though this formula has protein and is suitable for vegans, it does not have much medical reasons behind their benefits for the child.
- Low-weight and Premature baby formula: These formulas are said to have more protein and calories along with MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which is fat type that will be absorbed easily.
- Metabolic Formula: This formula is recommended by the doctor in case your baby suffers from any disease that requires specially developed formula to maintain their growth.
- Lactose-Free Formula: Some babies are born with the inability to digest lactose or are lactose intolerant. Lactose is the natural sugar that is found in the milk. In such cases, your doctor might advice lactose-free formula which has a different type of sugar used instead of lactose.
- Human-milk Fortified: Some babies have special needs which make them require an enriched nutrition which can be found in this human-milk fortified.
- Organic Formula: Based on research done by American Academy of Paediatrics, there are no special benefits of using organic formula for your child in comparison with healthier regular milk.
During the first 6 months of your baby’s life, your baby has tremendous adaptation of gastrointestinal tract which is quite regular. Very rarely do babies require expensive formula and in case you want to give them any other type of formula, always consult your paediatrician and tell them your problem. Whichever formula you choose, your baby’s health must be in the best of your interest.